Skip to main content

The Post You SHOULD Read!

Writing Sample from theProse

  Writing Sample from the Prose The following was written for a writing challenge on theprose.com. The prompt was as follows: Grey Wall  Check out the original over at  Grey Wall . Grey Wall Towering over everything was the Grey Wall. For a thousand generations the Grey Wall had separated the worlds, looming above each in silent threat of what lay on the other side. Looming in the heart of the unchosen. No being had every crossed the Wall. No human would try for the abject terror it brought the imagination. Even the birds, circling and wheeling about the azure sky would not cross the line of demarcation. The Wall meant safety and the Wall meant death. Zenyassa did not care for safety and she did not fear death. She was Unchosen. What did it matter? What was life without the risk of losing it? She could not feel alive sitting before a thatch hut milling grain while the men of her village hunted wild yissana beasts. Their hunt brought them adventures and risk for the great ...

Guest Authors

 

Writing Friends and Other Perspectives

You are not alone. I see you. No really, turn around I'm right there. Yeah. That's me, your writing friend. I am here to help you. I will edit and give constructive criticism. I will look for plot hole and tell you when dialog is stupid. I will let you bounce ideas off me and I will give you ideas. Together we will combine our creativity and make one functioning writer. 

It may not be me, but this person exists in every writer's life. It could be a spouse, a best friend, or even a person from your writing group. You can have multiples of these people and every one of them will provide a unique interpretation on your work based on their diverse life experiences. Just don't be afraid of putting your word baby out there for them to punt it like a football. If they are truly honest then they will.

I am working on getting people like that to help me and to contribute to this blog with those unique experiences and perspectives. I have two people in mind right now, but I do not have a time frame (I am waiting to see if I get more than 10 pageviews per day...)

One is already a follower and a creative beast, but he has not been able to put his excellent creativity into writing yet. I have gotten a lot of creative help from him when I have gotten stuck with plot points and other details. From what I can tell, the bastard doesn't bullshit me. We will be working together to get writing and keep writing.

My other guest contributor, James Murphy (a.k.a Craig Leibfreid) is already a published author (8 books and counting) and will discuss how he got there and what you have to suffer through to do it. Writing a book is hard enough, but to have it published (self published or otherwise) is one hell-of-a feat. 

Check out his website Home (riverclass.net)! 

Try one of his books too. 

Do it. 

Support Indie authors right now.


Comments

Popular Posts