Skip to main content

The Post You SHOULD Read!

Quinn Chapman and the Altar of Evil I

Quinn Chapman and the Altar of Evil The flames of Hades flickered off the rough hewn walls of the cavern as I stumbled my way deeper into the earthen maw. Acrid, black smoke invaded my eyes, blurring my vision and clouding my lungs. Dark voices shouted in a rhythmic chant somewhere beyond the hall of fire through which I now walked. My body was cut and bruised; my clothes turned to rags barely clinging to my sweat glistened flesh.  What maligned road led me to my current state of depravity? My mind flickered back to that fateful day in the warrens of Singapore, to one of the myriad of seedy opium dens lining the alleys. It was there that I found the remnants of the infamous Anglo explorer Sir Percival Covington.  I pushed back the shoddy veil of the curtain to find Sir Percival upon his back, clad in sweat-stained khaki and a weeks' worth of grime. So much for the hero of the British Empire. His glazed eyes alighted upon me, and a flicker of recognition danced across his ruddy face

Too Many Interests and Lack of Focus? Read this!

Woman focusing on her computer.

Too Many Interests and Lack of Focus? Read this! 

Okay. This is a bit of a "gotcha", but I was doing some research on why I can't seem to focus on any one of my hobbies/interests long enough to truly specialize in them. 

That includes writing. 

After a certain amount of time laser focused on something, I lose interest and it becomes stale. I keep working on it, hoping to find the spark again. I usually do, but only after going through something else. I have so many phases of interests, but they are cyclical.

I know I have ADD in some form, not sure which, so that doesn't help.

What I discovered, from reading the article listed below, was that it is okay to not specialize. The article describes people like me, and maybe you, as "scanners". 

The author further delineates between unsuccessful and successful scanners. What does it take to be successful as a jack of all trades? They also let us know that it is fine to have tons of interest and hobbies. 

There is no rule governing or limiting your passions.

You just have to learn to manage and prioritize them as your mind changes.

If this relates to you then give it a read. If it doesn't, then give it a read so you understand people like me. This was a very helpful post!

Focus isn't the Answer to Having too Many Interests | EXAMPLE IN METAPHOR

Today I am back onto Roman history and pulp adventures. Tomorrow it will be fantasy again and so on.

Comments

Popular Posts