Skip to main content

The Post You SHOULD Read!

Quinn Chapman and the Altar of Evil I

Quinn Chapman and the Altar of Evil The flames of Hades flickered off the rough hewn walls of the cavern as I stumbled my way deeper into the earthen maw. Acrid, black smoke invaded my eyes, blurring my vision and clouding my lungs. Dark voices shouted in a rhythmic chant somewhere beyond the hall of fire through which I now walked. My body was cut and bruised; my clothes turned to rags barely clinging to my sweat glistened flesh.  What maligned road led me to my current state of depravity? My mind flickered back to that fateful day in the warrens of Singapore, to one of the myriad of seedy opium dens lining the alleys. It was there that I found the remnants of the infamous Anglo explorer Sir Percival Covington.  I pushed back the shoddy veil of the curtain to find Sir Percival upon his back, clad in sweat-stained khaki and a weeks' worth of grime. So much for the hero of the British Empire. His glazed eyes alighted upon me, and a flicker of recognition danced across his ruddy face

Original Writing: "Thrallachs"

 Thrallachs

Orc from Lord of the Rings

They boiled forth like ants seething from the dark cauldron of their creation. Thousands of black skinned Thrallachs, embodiments of the malice festering in the broken heart of the enemy. Long had they dwelled beneath the rocky flanks of the Sundrian Mountains, biding their time until their dark master called them forth once again.

Like bloodhounds on the scent, the Thrallachs could sense war. Their red eyes glowed like simmering embers in the night, searching for their first victims. Many would suffer and under the weight of their numbers, the villages and cities of men would burn by their torches. How sweet the taste of death and destruction of works of beauty. Not so sweet as the ages long past, when the Thralls would feast on the flesh and the works of the Elves, but savory enough.

Night was their ally, and this night would be long. The horde was driven by the whip of their dark master, one of the Thirteen. A Necri. One of the ageless black sorcerers of the Dark God. Even the Thrallachs lived in fear of the Necri, a fear so strong as to drive men mad and send them fleeing in terror at the sight of one.

Most of mankind were weak serfs, without weapons and easy targets for the Thralls. Their sweet, fat flesh made for feasts such as they had not had in a century. The creatures and mushrooms living and growing in the stygian depths of the world were nothing compared to fresh bloodied meat.

Not all of the manfolk proved to be so easy. Some resisted the natural order. The tall ones to the south in Terrallia were best avoided. Too much like their Elven ancestors of old with weapons and armor the Thralls could not match. Only the iron fist of the Necri drove them to attack the empires of the half-elven.

The northern folk were less organized, more scattered in many villages without walls of cold iron to guard them. These were the first places the thrall would seek. To draw out the lords from their castles. Then their strength in numbers would overwhelm. Then they would feast, chomping at the flesh with dagger like teeth, lapping at the fresh blood with forked tongues.


Thrallachs are my versions of orcs, in case you couldn't tell. This is one I wrote for theProse, but I did not really have a direction I was going with it. I was just writing and letting some words out.

Comments

Popular Posts