Skip to main content

The Post You SHOULD Read!

Quinn Chapman and the Altar of Evil I

Quinn Chapman and the Altar of Evil The flames of Hades flickered off the rough hewn walls of the cavern as I stumbled my way deeper into the earthen maw. Acrid, black smoke invaded my eyes, blurring my vision and clouding my lungs. Dark voices shouted in a rhythmic chant somewhere beyond the hall of fire through which I now walked. My body was cut and bruised; my clothes turned to rags barely clinging to my sweat glistened flesh.  What maligned road led me to my current state of depravity? My mind flickered back to that fateful day in the warrens of Singapore, to one of the myriad of seedy opium dens lining the alleys. It was there that I found the remnants of the infamous Anglo explorer Sir Percival Covington.  I pushed back the shoddy veil of the curtain to find Sir Percival upon his back, clad in sweat-stained khaki and a weeks' worth of grime. So much for the hero of the British Empire. His glazed eyes alighted upon me, and a flicker of recognition danced across his ruddy face

Basic Character Template for Character Creation


Template design on a white notepad.

Basic Character Template for Character Creation

Name:
Age:
Gender
Appearance
Personality
Background
Motivations
Goals
Obstacles
Strengths
Weaknesses
Vices:
Skills/Abilities
Interests/Hobbies
Relationships
Internal conflicts
External conflicts
Arc/Development:

This template can be customized based on the needs of your story and the specifics of your character. For example, you can drill down on appearance with subcategories such as eye color, hair color, weight, etc. 

It's important to consider each aspect of your character in detail, as this will help you to create a fully realized and compelling character that readers can connect with. Remember that characters should be complex and multi-dimensional, with both positive and negative traits and motivations. A hero that is too good at everything is a boring one, just watch anything Disney is putting out and you'll see that. Mary Sue.

A character will not necessarily have all of these boxes filled. Perhaps they don't have and internal conflicts, at least ones that are important to the story. Maybe they are too minor of a character.

Comments

Popular Posts